Bustling Mother Nature
She brightens the sky with magnanimous blue,
And lightens the clouds till they're airy and few.
She lengthens the radiant beams of the sun,
Assigning more hours to it's heavenly run.
She summons the moon for a polish and shine,
And bustles around until everything's fine.
She tosses the foam on the mighty Great Lakes,
Conjures belated small flurries of flakes.
She welcomes the raucous return of the crow,
And washes away scuzzy patches of snow.
She hustles the cricks and overgrown rivers,
Gives early-bird robins occasional shivers.
She rocks budding branches and evergreen boughs,
Awakens black bears, the new cubs and the sows.
She beckons to deer at their beds in the thickets,
Composes new riffs for tree toads and crickets.
She coaxes the crocus to blithely appear,
Displaying her first cheery blooms of the year.
She's awesome, resplendently, gorgeous, and kind,
Since years of the ancients, her wisdom refined.
She's troublesome, messy, convulsive and cruel,
Man's often subdued by her petulant rule.
We cannot control her, such knowledge denied,
Our choice is to love, respect, and abide.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bustling Mother Nature by Connie Yost )
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon
- Winter Twilight Haiku, Chenou Liu
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels