But, That's Life
All the days that I have lived
have opened up my eyes.
I do not resent any of them
nor do I victimize
anything or anyone I came upon
that opined differently.
For they are whom they're supposed to be
and I am strictly me.
I have laughed and I have wept
as all we humans do.
When it's time to leave this earth
whatever I've been through
were the lessons that I needed
to breathe life into my soul.
And all of my accolades and failures
have probably taken their toll.
But that my friends, is life.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (But, That's Life by Edwina Reizer )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri