Mcanthony C. Nwatu
BUT THEM BUTTON'S THEM UP
Life an entity of quality in existence
Filled in gallon of experience
As people achieve greatness
Praise them don't but them.
One embarks on endeavour
Of permanent site
Presents his success to thee
How great is thy hand work as
The did of the almighty but lacks
The salt of its being says you.
Oh! Be it me; for my heart
Will go softened, weakened, bittered
I twinge as my heart asks me
Question; in shame I swim in the
Ocean of imperfection in thy presence
Why but me.
Thriving and striving for rest
If echoed to thy ear the word 'but'
A sign of error weakens thy spirit
Don't ' but' me!
'Not ok' buttons them up
'Not right' all the time buttons them up
'Too lazy' echoed into their ear buttons them up
Whereas keep thriving buckles them up.
But! But! But! I but you
Butters of battlers
Deterrents of successors.
Whoa! I say to the relenting divers
Who succumb to 'but 'and
Meandered to nadir
Now cries why but me!
Aye I say to the zealous relentless divers
Under this painful pleasure
Knocks the gold
Bravo! To the indefatigable determineds
Who found opportunity in difficulty
And launched in deep.
As I path through the tight
Corners of this deterrents, surely
You will hit the zenith not nadir
For you snubbsed but.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BUT THEM BUTTON'S THEM UP by Mcanthony C. Nwatu )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran