Mcanthony C. Nwatu
BUT THEM BUTTON'S THEM UP
Life an entity of quality in existence
Filled in gallon of experience
As people achieve greatness
Praise them don't but them.
One embarks on endeavour
Of permanent site
Presents his success to thee
How great is thy hand work as
The did of the almighty but lacks
The salt of its being says you.
Oh! Be it me; for my heart
Will go softened, weakened, bittered
I twinge as my heart asks me
Question; in shame I swim in the
Ocean of imperfection in thy presence
Why but me.
Thriving and striving for rest
If echoed to thy ear the word 'but'
A sign of error weakens thy spirit
Don't ' but' me!
'Not ok' buttons them up
'Not right' all the time buttons them up
'Too lazy' echoed into their ear buttons them up
Whereas keep thriving buckles them up.
But! But! But! I but you
Butters of battlers
Deterrents of successors.
Whoa! I say to the relenting divers
Who succumb to 'but 'and
Meandered to nadir
Now cries why but me!
Aye I say to the zealous relentless divers
Under this painful pleasure
Knocks the gold
Bravo! To the indefatigable determineds
Who found opportunity in difficulty
And launched in deep.
As I path through the tight
Corners of this deterrents, surely
You will hit the zenith not nadir
For you snubbsed but.
Mcanthony C. Nwatu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BUT THEM BUTTON'S THEM UP by Mcanthony C. Nwatu )
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)