Mcanthony C. Nwatu
BUT THEM BUTTON'S THEM UP
Life an entity of quality in existence
Filled in gallon of experience
As people achieve greatness
Praise them don't but them.
One embarks on endeavour
Of permanent site
Presents his success to thee
How great is thy hand work as
The did of the almighty but lacks
The salt of its being says you.
Oh! Be it me; for my heart
Will go softened, weakened, bittered
I twinge as my heart asks me
Question; in shame I swim in the
Ocean of imperfection in thy presence
Why but me.
Thriving and striving for rest
If echoed to thy ear the word 'but'
A sign of error weakens thy spirit
Don't ' but' me!
'Not ok' buttons them up
'Not right' all the time buttons them up
'Too lazy' echoed into their ear buttons them up
Whereas keep thriving buckles them up.
But! But! But! I but you
Butters of battlers
Deterrents of successors.
Whoa! I say to the relenting divers
Who succumb to 'but 'and
Meandered to nadir
Now cries why but me!
Aye I say to the zealous relentless divers
Under this painful pleasure
Knocks the gold
Bravo! To the indefatigable determineds
Who found opportunity in difficulty
And launched in deep.
As I path through the tight
Corners of this deterrents, surely
You will hit the zenith not nadir
For you snubbsed but.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BUT THEM BUTTON'S THEM UP by Mcanthony C. Nwatu )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Serenity Is Placed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak