Prince Froggy Mwalimu
Butterfly # Funny Story #
today i calmly sat in a park bench,
a butterfly came dangling resting on my elbow,
it's magnificent beauty reminded me about my childhood.
I remembered that day,
carrying a big basin and creeping down the blades of grass,
with my big basin i wud try to trap the butterflies in our yard.
Everytime i tried the butterflies would fly zigzagly and escape,
mama saw it all,
she came to the yard too,
holding my tiny shoulders as i rested in the big basin,
she said 'to catch a butterfly, just relax and extend your elbow, don't say a world or tremble, the butterfly will come to you'.
Then she left.
And true, a beautiful butterfly rested in my small palm.
Mmmh vote if you think its awesme out of 10.
Prince Froggy Mwalimu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Butterfly # Funny Story # by Prince Froggy Mwalimu )
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
- Caressing Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Slipping Away, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting In Revlon's Waiting Area, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mother & Daughter, Taimane Fanene
- Is This Love, John Foster
- Time without beginnings a better fiend, Mark Heathcote
- Pain Behind a fake Smile, Curtis Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)