By God’s Authority
While on this side of eternity, we take comfort in God’s Authority,
As challenges come into our life, we stand in the Power of Christ,
As we walk by faith, not by sight, in The Lord’s Power and Might,
As we serve God’s Eternal Son, until our work down here is done.
As we war in that darkest hour, our weapons are of Divine Power.
Relying not upon man’s intelligence, but, in God’s Righteousness,
As that warring is within our mind, our battle is of a different kind,
While we do battle upon this sod, against many opposed to God.
While in the battle God will afford, strength and might of our Lord,
When we put on The Armor of God, led by Christ’s Staff and Rod,
This as we battle a worldly view, with the Truth that is eternally true,
Taking down strongholds in a world, where wickedness is unfurled.
When we do war, in this life, we bring all thoughts captive to Christ,
As we cast off all disobedience, captive to Christ’s Righteousness,
A righteousness we must herald, to oppose darkness of this world,
As we stand upon God’s Authority, in ways men around us will see.
My friend, as we battle in this war, only God’s Authority will endure,
In a battle opposing God’s enemy, we must stand on His Authority.
For that true victory is only assured, through Jesus Christ our Lord,
This, as we wage battles in this life, in the Authority of Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (By God’s Authority by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A drop fell on the apple tree, Emily Dickinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Bridging The Beauty of New York On The H.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR