By God’s Authority
While on this side of eternity, we take comfort in God’s Authority,
As challenges come into our life, we stand in the Power of Christ,
As we walk by faith, not by sight, in The Lord’s Power and Might,
As we serve God’s Eternal Son, until our work down here is done.
As we war in that darkest hour, our weapons are of Divine Power.
Relying not upon man’s intelligence, but, in God’s Righteousness,
As that warring is within our mind, our battle is of a different kind,
While we do battle upon this sod, against many opposed to God.
While in the battle God will afford, strength and might of our Lord,
When we put on The Armor of God, led by Christ’s Staff and Rod,
This as we battle a worldly view, with the Truth that is eternally true,
Taking down strongholds in a world, where wickedness is unfurled.
When we do war, in this life, we bring all thoughts captive to Christ,
As we cast off all disobedience, captive to Christ’s Righteousness,
A righteousness we must herald, to oppose darkness of this world,
As we stand upon God’s Authority, in ways men around us will see.
My friend, as we battle in this war, only God’s Authority will endure,
In a battle opposing God’s enemy, we must stand on His Authority.
For that true victory is only assured, through Jesus Christ our Lord,
This, as we wage battles in this life, in the Authority of Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (By God’s Authority by Bob Gotti )
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
- Lovely Polly Stewart, Robert Burns
- Rantin, Rovin Robin, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)