By God’s Authority
While on this side of eternity, we take comfort in God’s Authority,
As challenges come into our life, we stand in the Power of Christ,
As we walk by faith, not by sight, in The Lord’s Power and Might,
As we serve God’s Eternal Son, until our work down here is done.
As we war in that darkest hour, our weapons are of Divine Power.
Relying not upon man’s intelligence, but, in God’s Righteousness,
As that warring is within our mind, our battle is of a different kind,
While we do battle upon this sod, against many opposed to God.
While in the battle God will afford, strength and might of our Lord,
When we put on The Armor of God, led by Christ’s Staff and Rod,
This as we battle a worldly view, with the Truth that is eternally true,
Taking down strongholds in a world, where wickedness is unfurled.
When we do war, in this life, we bring all thoughts captive to Christ,
As we cast off all disobedience, captive to Christ’s Righteousness,
A righteousness we must herald, to oppose darkness of this world,
As we stand upon God’s Authority, in ways men around us will see.
My friend, as we battle in this war, only God’s Authority will endure,
In a battle opposing God’s enemy, we must stand on His Authority.
For that true victory is only assured, through Jesus Christ our Lord,
This, as we wage battles in this life, in the Authority of Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (By God’s Authority by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Gaining status, Angell Afinowi
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Acknowledge What Love has to do with US, michael walkerjohn
- That Thing, Luo Zhihai