Coffee, tea or chocolate bar,
I need my caffeine now.
How else will I find the strength
to finish this day somehow?
Drowsy eyes so very tired
but the need to write is here.
And without the caffeine that I lack
not one more word will appear.
I cannot leave the page a blank
and stifle my thoughts tonight.
So, a pick me up will keep me awake
and allow me more time to write.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Caffeine by Edwina Reizer )
- She Is Doing Her Happy Dance, Ronell Warren Alman
- IT's not unusual, george albot
- a break, kkc bba
- You Are Ever Sweet, Pintu Mahakul
- It is better, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Kilimanjaro, Tony Adah
- Caught in Rainy Weather, Nia Schexnider
- And we danced, Fluorescent Reality
- Sunset of our hearts, Fluorescent Reality
- She is precious, MOHAMMAD SKATI