In one far corner of a corner
exuding messages you stand.
Prim, waxen white
long green throat singing in the wind.
You sing, but not for me.
You in your own destiny
So it should be.
Let each sweet growing thing
be so enamored with itself
that all infinity
shall bloom with selfishness!
June Stepansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Calla Lily by June Stepansky )
- Sensible Solution, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A TEASPOON SMILE, ANKIT DEDHA
- Learning Human Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sliding Into Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nervous Self, You, Lucas Pate
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
- Love Travelling Or The Travellers In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael McParland
- A, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Felicia Dorothea Hemans
(25 September 1793 – 16 May 1835)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)