In one far corner of a corner
exuding messages you stand.
Prim, waxen white
long green throat singing in the wind.
You sing, but not for me.
You in your own destiny
So it should be.
Let each sweet growing thing
be so enamored with itself
that all infinity
shall bloom with selfishness!
June Stepansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Calla Lily by June Stepansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Vive ‘la: Difference! ?, Graham Fowell
- The Missing Corner, Graham Fowell
- Day Room, Tom Sleigh
- Poplar bush, Gert Strydom
- The Ghost of a Fish, Graham Fowell
- Beirut Tank, Tom Sleigh
- The Eyes of the Universe, Graham Fowell
- You Had Just Left, Tudor Arghezi
- When I did loose my heart to you, Gert Strydom
- Temporary Things, Graham Fowell