Can I be …?
Can I be just an idea hanging over your head?
Can I be just a dream waiting for your night to be displayed?
Can I be just a knight fighting for love to be born in your heart?
Can I be just a story giving you the best moments in your entire life?
Can I be just a sigh providing your days with the warmth of feelings?
Can I be just a hug seeking your arms to hold tightly?
Can I be just a kiss inviting your lips to meet mine?
Can I be just a spark showing you a bright future ahead with me?
Can I be just a melody cheering you up when you hear wherever you go?
Can I be just a wish putting you in a sensational mood when your eyes can't see me?
Amgad Samy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can I be …? by Amgad Samy )
- Imaginary Friends, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The flame of hope, bryan wallace
- Myself, Hans Raj Sharma
- The Ends and the Means, David McLansky
- Together Life, Albert Martin
- No secret, gajanan mishra
- Adam's Story: Redemption, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1930 - 1998)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)