Can I Belong?
Where can I belong?
In a world that's gone so wrong.
I'm lost and scared.
Quite ill prepared.
The cold out there with a rigid stare.
How does one farewell?
The inner strength I hide.
Even from my very eyes.
Out there I feel so despised.
With every step I reprise.
The delicate game of my guise.
Putting up a show of lies.
Of a man whose brave and never cries.
Who doesn't even recognize.
The disgusted looks and hate implied.
God knows that I have tried.
To get along and do no wrong.
I've sometimes stumbled along the way.
Selfishly thinking in a daze.
I hope to find a place to fit.
Where the colors are bright and words don't cut with evil wit.
All I needs a little space.
Where friends are true, and think I'm really cool.
They'll not see me as just a tool.
Where can I go to find this group?
I don't know I've seen them all.
It is no use.
It's no longer worth the abuse.
How much longer can I search?
When inside it really hurts.
All I wants a place to belong.
Is needing that so very wrong?
I guess I'll go for a little more.
Hoping soon that I'll score.
Until then I'll keep the chore.
Knowing that there must be more.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can I Belong? by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock