Can I Say Farewell. Lyrically, To A Hero From My Childhood and Beyond?
Good Lord, who took his child in time,
in time to shatter this black night.
The deepest purple's so sublime
and silhouettes the fireball's light,
which shines upon this living wreck.
This bloodsucker within the rocks
so tempting us to wring that neck
and search within this empty box,
for Demon's Eyes and Mandrake Root
the Speed King's men have shown,
he might just take your life, to boot
and so the founding bird has flown.
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can I Say Farewell. Lyrically, To A Hero From My Childhood and Beyond? by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Baby, you are poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Thanking My Mother for Piano Lessons, Diane Wakoski
- Risa, Matthew Hunt
- Inside Out, Diane Wakoski
- Blue Monday, Diane Wakoski
- Belly Dancer, Diane Wakoski
- nigeria freedom, ademola oluwabusayo
- I Am A Frog, Lilly Emery
- ray of sunshine, ademola oluwabusayo
- what kills you; helps me live, Rodney R. Cooper