Can Someone Bring Me My Entire Being?
Can someone bring me my entire being?
My arms, my eyes, my face?
I am a river flowing into the wrong sea
If only someone could restore me to the desert
Life goes on but I want no more from it
Than my childhood, my firefly, my doll
My vision does not admit this new season
Take me back to my old dream
Of finding one face among the many in my city
Whose eyes can read deep into me
My life has been a boat in a whirlpool for so long
O god, please let it sink or drift back to the desert.
[Translated by Nukhbah Langah and Lavinia Greenlaw]
Noshi Gilani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can Someone Bring Me My Entire Being? by Noshi Gilani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To See It To Experience It For Yourself, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman