Can Someone Bring Me My Entire Being?
Can someone bring me my entire being?
My arms, my eyes, my face?
I am a river flowing into the wrong sea
If only someone could restore me to the desert
Life goes on but I want no more from it
Than my childhood, my firefly, my doll
My vision does not admit this new season
Take me back to my old dream
Of finding one face among the many in my city
Whose eyes can read deep into me
My life has been a boat in a whirlpool for so long
O god, please let it sink or drift back to the desert.
[Translated by Nukhbah Langah and Lavinia Greenlaw]
Noshi Gilani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can Someone Bring Me My Entire Being? by Noshi Gilani )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(03 April 1964)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- London, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Now let us join hands, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Is It Wrong?, Eugene Latumbo
- The dangers of a selfie, lee fones
- The Other Side of Me, Eugene Latumbo
- IN THE COMFORT OF NATURE, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Agnes, Alexander Onoja
- The Escapist, Jaipal Singh
- GOD LISTENS AND SPEAKS, Michael P. Johnson
- A Journey By Indian Train, Bijay Kant Dubey
- They die before you do., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.