John G. Nelson
I can’t rest, I can’t breathe easily
I can’t sleep, I can’t dream clearly.
Anxieties, pains beat me so easily
I’ve pleaded, they spoke unkindly.
Faces turn; they walk inattentively.
I can’t write a word properly,
I grasp not my thoughts clearly
Hatred, animosity breed in silently.
I love, hope but falls short easily.
& Wounds can’t erase so quickly.
I grasp not why I’m treated differently
Alien I’m named, & curse persistently.
dream never pleased, deny consistently
I’m given pain, & fear to chew, silently
The beast has no heart; it inflates daily.
John nelson 7/26/2005
John G. Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can't sleep by John G. Nelson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Kindness Of A Stranger, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To my sister on the death of our father, Roger A. Rose
- If a Hippo Said Boo, Stephen Katona
- Real, The Princess
- Poetic Journey, Sandra Feldman
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Am, Luc Leclaire
- PTSD, Jennifer Matthews
- The House On Mountain Peek, StarrLee Waterman
- Damaged Heart, StarrLee Waterman