Can The Middle Of The Darkest Night/Be Morning?
CAN THE MIDDLE OF THE DARKEST NIGHT/ BE MORNING?
Can the middle of the darkest night
Can we begin again
When all seems lost?
Is there a way out
When there seems no way out?
The dark rain falls and the dark rain gives all living things life
But in the middle of the night
The warmth and the walls say all.
Can we begin again?
Can I begin again?
I don’t know.
Morning light will come again to the world.
But will it come for me?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can The Middle Of The Darkest Night/Be Morning? by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- I Read, Aparna Chatterjee
- My Ragged Company, Peter Jay Shippy
- To Kiss What You Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beauty of words....., Anupa Subramanian
- The Strangers, Peter Jay Shippy
- Alive, Alesia Leach
- Pack, Aparna Chatterjee
- Love That Lasts, Michael McParland
- My Eyes Will Always See, Edward Kofi Louis
- Enchantment, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)