Peter Daniel Phiri
Can We Bury This Love?
After some time, a bird leaves the nest,
And petulantly flies away just like the rest.
So am I suffocating you?
You say you need time and space to breathe;
Yet strangly, you look at me with a drooping face as I leave.
Beyond your eyes glitters wonderland,
Give me a spade, let's bury this love before I go mad.
Whither shall I wander? Eden or Dreamland?
Angels join my laughter, behold! A stairway to heaven.
Stars dropp at my feet like brethren,
I squeeze my eyes, is this real or its a dream?
But the Lord restores order, in my face your eyes beam.
Beyond your left eye is Eden, beyond your right is Dreamland.
Love is almighty, it won't leave us alone; It's prowling.
Virgin shyness swirls across your face;
In my own lake I'm drowning.
How deep is your psyche? I can't resist prying.
My prudence is provoked, I better change my pseudonym.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Bury This Love? by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)