Peter Daniel Phiri
Can We Bury This Love?
After some time, a bird leaves the nest,
And petulantly flies away just like the rest.
So am I suffocating you?
You say you need time and space to breathe;
Yet strangly, you look at me with a drooping face as I leave.
Beyond your eyes glitters wonderland,
Give me a spade, let's bury this love before I go mad.
Whither shall I wander? Eden or Dreamland?
Angels join my laughter, behold! A stairway to heaven.
Stars dropp at my feet like brethren,
I squeeze my eyes, is this real or its a dream?
But the Lord restores order, in my face your eyes beam.
Beyond your left eye is Eden, beyond your right is Dreamland.
Love is almighty, it won't leave us alone; It's prowling.
Virgin shyness swirls across your face;
In my own lake I'm drowning.
How deep is your psyche? I can't resist prying.
My prudence is provoked, I better change my pseudonym.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Bury This Love? by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Way To Balance In Life, Margaret Moran
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mind's Highway, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- While The World Is Asleep, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)