James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Can We Change the System
Are human rights written down somewhere like the law of the land?
Does Trudeau’s Charter give terrorists the right to take a stand?
Why are we not allowed binding referendums like the Swiss?
Would our politicians allow this or would they just dismiss?
Should Canadians have recall to keep politicians in check?
Eighteen US States have recall in their constitution deck,
The State of California has used recall, not once, but twice,
Canadians still can’t have it so it’s like the throw of the dice.
Should Canadians have propositions or are they forbidden too?
If we needed these changes; when and where or who should we go to?
Does all that noise in Parliament amount to a hill of beaan?
Do we need a new political party maybe like the Greens?
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.