Can We Change the System
Are human rights written down somewhere like the law of the land?
Does Trudeau’s Charter give terrorists the right to take a stand?
Why are we not allowed binding referendums like the Swiss?
Would our politicians allow this or would they just dismiss?
Should Canadians have recall to keep politicians in check?
Eighteen US States have recall in their constitution deck,
The State of California has used recall, not once, but twice,
Canadians still can’t have it so it’s like the throw of the dice.
Should Canadians have propositions or are they forbidden too?
If we needed these changes; when and where or who should we go to?
Does all that noise in Parliament amount to a hill of beaan?
Do we need a new political party maybe like the Greens?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Change the System by James Bredin )
- Finally Freed (Unbound), Dylan Attard
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- The Long March, Malek Haddad
- Silence Seeping, Dylan Attard
- Pag-ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- My World is Falling Apart, Mark Ramirez
- A Long Time Ago at The Honey Hut, Dylan Attard
- 21 (It's Been A While), Dylan Attard
- The Prodigal Son (An Old Tale Revisited), Daniel Brick
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)