Can We Change the System
Are human rights written down somewhere like the law of the land?
Does Trudeau’s Charter give terrorists the right to take a stand?
Why are we not allowed binding referendums like the Swiss?
Would our politicians allow this or would they just dismiss?
Should Canadians have recall to keep politicians in check?
Eighteen US States have recall in their constitution deck,
The State of California has used recall, not once, but twice,
Canadians still can’t have it so it’s like the throw of the dice.
Should Canadians have propositions or are they forbidden too?
If we needed these changes; when and where or who should we go to?
Does all that noise in Parliament amount to a hill of beaan?
Do we need a new political party maybe like the Greens?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Change the System by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- हांमा गोनां जिव, Bahadur Basumatary
- I Knew What You Knew, Vera Sidhwa
- Wearing the Flaws, Gerry Legister
- Three weeks with you., crystal ruth
- Life lesson, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Silence Is Monk, sallam yassin
- You are not mine, Kelly Curiel
- Faces on Parade, Gerry Legister
- By the Way..., Sandra Feldman
- Art, Breanna Choma