Can We Change the System
Are human rights written down somewhere like the law of the land?
Does Trudeau’s Charter give terrorists the right to take a stand?
Why are we not allowed binding referendums like the Swiss?
Would our politicians allow this or would they just dismiss?
Should Canadians have recall to keep politicians in check?
Eighteen US States have recall in their constitution deck,
The State of California has used recall, not once, but twice,
Canadians still can’t have it so it’s like the throw of the dice.
Should Canadians have propositions or are they forbidden too?
If we needed these changes; when and where or who should we go to?
Does all that noise in Parliament amount to a hill of beaan?
Do we need a new political party maybe like the Greens?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Change the System by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 October 1938)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ㉺㉱㉶BAMWAR4COM, joelcruz cruz
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea
- Children, hafiz qasim
- Northland Autumn, Luo Zhihai
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey
- bamwar4.com, joelcruz cruz