Can You Chain Me?
so I can’t escape?
Close all the windows.
Shut the drape.
Hold me tight
and never let me go.
For I don’t fear the capture
will frighten me
as much as the thought
of you setting me free.
What would I do if I were free?
I’d ask to be sentenced once more.
And you my love, could chain me
just as you did before.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can You Chain Me? by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Pride and Honor, hasmukh amathalal