James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Canadıan Appoınted Senate
It’s not our appointed Senate that is at fault; it’s us,
We have allowed their delusions of grandeur without a fuss,
And less than half of us bother to vote in any election,
All these little details may indeed have a connection.
There is no doubt about it but Canada needs to change,
Unfortunately our appointed senators think this is strange,
Conspiracies of cushy jobs untill they are seventy five,
You only have to sit back in a nice soft red chair and thrive.
Elite travelling aristocrats seldom if ever seen,
It’s said that some might be fidling with numbers which could be obscene,
Canadians should have a binding referendum once a year,
Compulsory attendence of a five dollar fine; is that clear?
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem