CANADIANS DON'T HAVE TO VOTE Apr 12th,2011
Canadians will get what we deserve because only a few vote,
Politicians inclined to view us as a herd of goats,
As they hide like aristocrats in Ottawa and tax and spend,
Or travel the world with a planeload of family and their friends.
Did someone say that our system of government can’t be changed?
Binding referendums or death-with-dignity never arranged,
Where’s the leadership to get us out of the present mess?
Surely someone has some guts somewhere in all our distress.
I’d like to live as long as possible and then plan my death,
No politician has come up with a better plan than that yet,
They each have their own party agenda and they think it’s great,
Nothing outside of their party agenda is up for debate.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CANADIANS DON'T HAVE TO VOTE Apr 12th,2011 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai
- My last regret, Eliza Clair
- My Hometown Today, Dr Ronnie Bai
- Half ajar, Mark Heathcote
- Driftwood (II), Dr Ronnie Bai
- Indian Egnlish, Where Is It? Who The Spe.., Bijay Kant Dubey