Cardinal pecking on the window
The birds are all looking for a little seed,
They only want a little food having no greed.
I once read God cares about the sparrows;
even takes care of all their needs.
How about my little friend the red cardinal,
pecking on my window starting to freeze.
He must have a need - hunger or warmth;
He must be desperate to wake a tired old man.
I must fill the feeders he reminds me again;
he is like a passing stranger maybe that is the plan.
Even though the seed is a little food we share.
We may be entertaining a little angel unaware.
I put on my boots and went out to the tree;
filled up the feeder and heard a small peep.
looked out the window smiling at the red cardinal;
He seemed to say thank you, as I went back to sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cardinal pecking on the window by Saint Eule )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- And I will, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- আশীর্বাদ, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt