He has a daughter he can't see.
He screwed up and should've been with her
when he could've been but was not.
And now, she doesn't care to see him.
He loves her as much as he always had,
but his love is that of a careless man,
careless, as he was about many things.
Now he pays painfully and carefully
for all the reckless things he has done.
It hurts and hurts badly. He tries to avoid
the pain, but when he sees her face and
hears her rejection, he is reminded
again and again of how careless
he had been. She cried for him when he
wasn't there, when he should' have been.
So now he sits and cries for her and she
won't hear him cry for, he was a careless,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Careless Man by Mike Acker )
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash