(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Carpe diem 'Seize the Day' How bold...
Seize The Day. How does one do that?
Carpe diem, there are days, that like a
thief in the night, sneak up behind me,
and SEIZE ME!
Carpe diem...Seize The Day, how wonderful,
when there are days, that are within my
grasp...and then...I seize them!
Ahhh, now that I have them, I sometimes wonder,
what the hell do I do with that sized day, now?
I always was of the opinion that one should only
size the days, that they have a purpose for.
Now if I planed to stay indoors all day, what
would be the point of seizing the day?
On the other hand, to plan a lovely day, with
someone you care about-now that's a day to size!
Trust me, do not size any day, that you know not
what to do with. For if you do, you're dragging this
day around with you, not knowing what the hell
to do with it.
In all respects to the latins, who coined that
phrase, Carpe Diem, 'size the day, ' most of
them had no idea, what to do, with the day they sized!
Now the next time, someone utters those famous
words, Carpe Diem, 'size the day, ' look them
square in the eye and ask,
'If you size this day, what are you going to do
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Carpe Diem by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- Shadow Girl, Leslie Philibert
- Dear Life, Mark Webster
- Art, Mark Webster
- Being satisfied I am happy, gajanan mishra
- Humanity's Supposed Lament, Shalom Freedman
- नोँ सैथो समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Classes: Ruling, Fooling, and Drooling, Alfred Barna
- Dilemma, Gillian Commerford
- Living, Gillian Commerford
- सानसे, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)