the candle is lighten up
with the mercy of cold angry air.
i started searching for myself
in the mirror,
the malicious whispers, conspiracies
of life against me,
the venom, the pain
sparked in the mirror
'be sweetened, sour one'
'be filled, empty one'
the rule of life
malnutrition for soul
for years till now
still the candle is lighten up
only with the mercy! why
i am guilty
for breaking the rule
i will say nothing
need no sympathy
'reap as you sow'
but i won't give up
i will be back
as i am taking my way
to my rebirth!
Jyotishman Debnath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (caterpiller dreams by Jyotishman Debnath )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I remember, hasmukh amathalal
- On birthday some mend, hasmukh amathalal
- Thou Shakespeare, Abby Bilan