Ch 03 On The Excellence Of Contentment Story 24
A weak fisherman caught a strong fish in his net and not being able to retain it the fish overcame him and pulled the net from his hand.
A boy went to bring water from the torrent.
The torrent came and took the boy away.
The net brought every time a fish.
This time the fish went and carried off the net.
The other fishermen were sorry and blamed him for not being able to retain such a fish which had fallen into his net. He replied: ‘O brothers, what can be done? My day was not lucky but the fish had yet one remaining. ‘Moral: A fisherman cannot catch a fish in the Tigris without a day of luck and a fish cannot die on dry ground without the decree of fate.
Saadi Shirazi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ch 03 On The Excellence Of Contentment Story 24 by Saadi Shirazi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- the desert knows whats up, Mandolyn Wind
- When the Moon Descends, F. J. Thomas
- body part man, lee fones
- MY HEART IS CLEAN, BUT HIS HEART IS DARK, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How to Please a Tomato, Monk E. Biz
- tell sadness to catch the next bus, Mandolyn Wind
- GOD'S CALLING, Tom Zart
- For Scooner, about the closeness, Annie Cordelia Adams
- SEXUAL RUSH, Peter LeBuhn
- Reality, dhia abada