Chains For Me
My arms are a base for my torture,
The chains swept by disease are harnessed
And change comes over me as I reach
Into the bag of crowns and jewels;
Wearing each is like points for the soul,
To learn them carries a lesson of pain.
Right suffering is the divine blessing,
Containing my stairway into heaven.
My legs are feebler everyday before I
Pass away and arrive with rightness and wrongness
Depending on my frame and granite head,
Why do they feed such flames?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chains For Me by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Raise Him, Elia Michael
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns