As the scorching sun
Beat down on my naked head.
People watched and walked away
As time slowly rolled by.
On a hard city road
I gave life to a soft face
With colored chalk
I added grace
Her beautiful eyes
Spoke volumes and portrayed my story – SAD.
Not many a coin came her way
As people watched and walked away.
“Despair not! O Master” she said
They are a different breed
They care to know
You or Me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chalked Face by Aflatoon Marzbani )
- To Overcome II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Consider The Birds, S. I. Rednow
- The Winking Clock, Aaron Allen Woodall
- Six Of One, S. I. Rednow
- Ebrahim, Edward Kofi Louis
- We swim نسبح, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No Excuses, S. I. Rednow
- Salute, S. I. Rednow
- Speaking for the Depth I Find, Lion Ellison
- Teaching The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis