As the scorching sun
Beat down on my naked head.
People watched and walked away
As time slowly rolled by.
On a hard city road
I gave life to a soft face
With colored chalk
I added grace
Her beautiful eyes
Spoke volumes and portrayed my story – SAD.
Not many a coin came her way
As people watched and walked away.
“Despair not! O Master” she said
They are a different breed
They care to know
You or Me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chalked Face by Aflatoon Marzbani )
- In The Blue Hour, Nathalie Handal
- The Day Monsoon Appeared Upon My Eyes, Narayana Raghavan
- Bethlehem, Nathalie Handal
- Maa, sushant jha
- Tonight, Nathalie Handal
- Black Beans, Edward Kofi Louis
- Humble Yourself, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gauravshali Bihar, sushant jha
- Exiled Sentence, Nathalie Handal
- Transcendent Moment, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)