Chances For Love.
Not often the chances happen our way
In a life so defined as 'successful'.
Working demands exclusivity today.
Energy's sapped, thus Love feels resentful.
Momentary snatches, where given time
So meagrely measured, makes loving fade.
Dozens of duties see Love last in line,
One of the biggest mistakes ever made!
Affection needs nurturing - tenderness
Given by sound application to Love
Results in contentment, which more or less
Assures a relationship rises above
Uncaring neglect, resulting in tears.
Chances not taken get lost over years.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chances For Love. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ice-house, gajanan mishra
- The Palestinian Plight! ! !, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
- Self-Portrait in Conway, Arkansas, Fritz Ward
- Back, Fritz Ward
- Front, Fritz Ward
- Life, George Egba
- And What I Go On Believing, Rites Ghosh
- Prime Truth - 27, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- COPLA SESENTA Y DOS: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Prime Truth - 26, Pranab K. Chakraborty