Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
There was a stop. There was some time between us there was a wall. I Was on top of it and
Did not anticipate the fall. It hurt but I healed when I looked at You. It seems I dream of love
But maybe not you.
There was a stop again and you said nothing at all. You smile. You Reach out. Your hands
Don’t reach. Your heart of hearts doesn’t beseech.
I am yours but you are not mine. Not in heart. I return. There is a Pain in restart.
And then. Then there was a stop. A Resolution. You move and pull Yourself to me-I to you. We
Meet. In the middle. We smile. Together we walk. Our shadows too far Behind to hold us back.
Together an endless sunset we stalk
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chanelle by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque