Europe is like a carpet made of left over textile and it is quite malleable
and can be changed shortened or made bigger. I used to know Crimea
as a part of the Soviet Union, but then, one day, it wasn´t; only it was
still there and had not changed shape only ownership.
And now to the contrived upset by UK, USA and EU – the use of mobile
phone speak is in- it is back in Russian hands. The change is here to stay,
but of course my holiday with Putin in Siberia is out this year.
This re-occupation is nothing new, the Jews waited 2000 years before
occupying Palestine, they had once lived there as tribe. Mind it is not fair
to compare Crimea with Israel, in Crimea the people welcomed Russian rule,
In Palestine, the Jewish annexation was called a catastrophe.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Changing Map by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison