Changing Weather, Changing Life
It rained and drenched the waiting night,
Heavy torrents did it pour;
Next morning, all was clean and bright,
I could not ask for more.
The sky was baby powder blue,
the clouds had slipped away;
Sunlight deigned to shine on cue,
a refeshing brand new day.
I almost skipped onto the street,
this day felt new, washed clean;
Smiling, as I turned to greet,
the trees, in vibrant green.
The storm had passed at last,
I laughed with sweet relief;
No more skies downcast,
No deary days of grief.
Then suddenly, I felt a drop,
hit hard upon my cheek;
It hurt as if it wouldn't stop,
It made me feel so weak.
As I turned my face to wince,
the skies turned angry grey;
Clouds gathered with a vengeance,
And the sun just hid away.
Rain burst from the thundering skies,
in a grandiose downpour;
Just like life...I turned my eyes;
Nothing is for sure.
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Changing Weather, Changing Life by Roann Mendriq )
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 31 July 2014, Shri R Brahma
- It's October 1st. Did you pay your mortg.., Jena Crowe
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
- Revolution, Revolution, Revolu -, Romella Kitchens
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)