Chaos In Corpus Callosum
my corpus callosum
has a big lesion
that silences signal.
it's natural to feel
outraged and enraged
psychotic with paranoia.
so, as a precaution
against an overdose
i'm swallowing medication
and it seems to help
stabilize the situation
The corpus callosum is a bundle of neural fibers which connects the left and right cerebral hemispheres of the brain and facilitates interhemispheric communication. It is anatomically flawed; signals become mostly noise.
The result? Man, by nature, is mad.
Our dysfunctional corpus callosum is our 'original sin'; its repair, the only salvation I see for Man's longer term survival.
For more on this topic, see my Forum post 'Brief Requiem For The English Editor.'
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chaos In Corpus Callosum by doug bentley )
- Verbal Calisthenics, Sylvia Plath
- RESPECT ISN'T FOR BODY SIZE., Changez Ndzai
- The Goring, Sylvia Plath
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath
- Event, Sylvia Plath
- To Eva Descending The Stair, Sylvia Plath
- Fate's Decisions, Tex T Sarnie
- My Body, Tammy Sue Moore
- Aiming High, Tex T Sarnie