Chaos In Corpus Callosum
my corpus callosum
has a big lesion
that silences signal.
it's natural to feel
outraged and enraged
psychotic with paranoia.
so, as a precaution
against an overdose
i'm swallowing medication
and it seems to help
stabilize the situation
The corpus callosum is a bundle of neural fibers which connects the left and right cerebral hemispheres of the brain and facilitates interhemispheric communication. It is anatomically flawed; signals become mostly noise.
The result? Man, by nature, is mad.
Our dysfunctional corpus callosum is our 'original sin'; its repair, the only salvation I see for Man's longer term survival.
For more on this topic, see my Forum post 'Brief Requiem For The English Editor.'
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chaos In Corpus Callosum by doug bentley )
- 3, Smoky Hoss
- Soul Holes, Smoky Hoss
- Magic of Indian Democracy, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ...and am loving it, Manonton Dalan
- There is yet Hope, Smoky Hoss
- Beauty And The Beholder, hugh everard
- Black Rose, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Joyful Is Life With Colours, Rohit Sapra
- Ferguson and Law Enforcement, Is It Poetry
- आज फिर तेरी याद आई हैं, Kahil Mehar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)