If she's the one you love and trust,
Who lives within your heart,
Then cherish her, for this you must,
Your true love to impart.
For love compels us to respond
To all we're meant to be,
Not just today, but far beyond,
For all eternity....
That's why God wants us at our best, Not coasting throughout life...
And if a man seeks to be blessed,
He cherishes his wife...
Forgiveness heals the burdened soul,
To free it from despair...
And yet more blessed is self-control
And when two hearts can share.
Togetherness brings happiness
And riches more than gold,
Such that contented souls confess
The joys they have and hold.
So cherish her, your other half,
Who makes your life so sweet....
With every smile and every laugh,
She makes your life complete...
Let others envy, near or far,
The beauty in your lives
And let your marriage set the bar
For husbands and their wives...
Not all are married happily,
We strive to make it so...
God tells us daily, love's the key...
The rest is ours to know...
Ron Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cherish HER by Ron Poetry )
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)