Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
—To Hongzhu, My Friend
To those without close affinity,
Parting means to be parted forever
You and me, having strong appeal to each other
Are fated to meet again to continue our friendship.
When we meet again after an interval of more than twenty years
I see you are still so pure, though suffering a little hair loss.
Others appraise your today
But I can tell what you were when you were a little girl
Who says you are already middle-aged?
That skip before my eyes are clearly
Your childhood smiling face and glow
There are shadows of your childhood
In every of your moves
I can make you return to the childhood you
Even without turning into a fairy to do it.
The brave you once took a pair of scissors
And cut my long braids short
With one stroke.
In those years
We led a sweet life
With empty purses
In those years
We were as charming as lily
Though we couldn’t afford slip dresses.
We used to play under the same clover tree
That was a pure land that refused pollution
We used to sing in the same boat
On a holy water that didn’t tolerate infringement.
The puerility we made
And the junior years we got through together
Typecast both your life and mine.
Your childhood is mine
And mine is yours
That mountains may changed into seas
And seas may change into mulberry fields
But the unchangeable is childhood friendship,
It’s the most beautiful broad accent
It’s the origin of life
From there a cluster of white doves
Sets out on a flight toward future.
BY Rose Lu(Bing hua) Tr. East Sea Fairy
Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Childhood Friendship by Rose Lu ( Bing Hua ) )
- CV, Mae AC.
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)