Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
—To Hongzhu, My Friend
To those without close affinity,
Parting means to be parted forever
You and me, having strong appeal to each other
Are fated to meet again to continue our friendship.
When we meet again after an interval of more than twenty years
I see you are still so pure, though suffering a little hair loss.
Others appraise your today
But I can tell what you were when you were a little girl
Who says you are already middle-aged?
That skip before my eyes are clearly
Your childhood smiling face and glow
There are shadows of your childhood
In every of your moves
I can make you return to the childhood you
Even without turning into a fairy to do it.
The brave you once took a pair of scissors
And cut my long braids short
With one stroke.
In those years
We led a sweet life
With empty purses
In those years
We were as charming as lily
Though we couldn’t afford slip dresses.
We used to play under the same clover tree
That was a pure land that refused pollution
We used to sing in the same boat
On a holy water that didn’t tolerate infringement.
The puerility we made
And the junior years we got through together
Typecast both your life and mine.
Your childhood is mine
And mine is yours
That mountains may changed into seas
And seas may change into mulberry fields
But the unchangeable is childhood friendship,
It’s the most beautiful broad accent
It’s the origin of life
From there a cluster of white doves
Sets out on a flight toward future.
BY Rose Lu(Bing hua) Tr. East Sea Fairy
Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Childhood Friendship by Rose Lu ( Bing Hua ) )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)