Children Of War
I see babies crying, and children dying, and parents
Trying to protect their young, as they are told that
They must carry a gun.
Taken from their families and always living in fear
And that every one is the enemy- except the ones here.
(Then why do they hide their faces?)
Is it because they are ashamed that they are the ones to blame!
They are given food and possibly a roof over their heads
And told that their families are dead.
That they were taken away from their families to save their lives
And that their parents had to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Brain washed and hungry and living in fear and told
To wipe away their tears and to take this rifle for this is your friend
It must be with you till the end.
Becoming a soldier at such a young age, not having a childhood
"These terrorists are to blame."
Many are drugged so they have no control
Except to do what they are told.
Then they claim to be soldiers of war?
using children is piss poor!
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Children Of War by louis rams )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- In this body-chariot, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Transforming Reason And Logic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Key Of An Inner Universe, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Appreciating God, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Exceptional Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None Sweeter, Michael McParland
- The First-poem Writers of Indian English.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock