Peter Daniel Phiri
Unfortunately we will not retire,
Across Afrika, we continue to inspire,
With this African trophy,
Our national achievement;
The African glory.
I heard celebrations in Angola,
Then I heard them again in Malawi.
They went nuts in Zimbabwe,
It was thrilling in Mzansi;
In praise to Chipolopolo.
We hold the African title,
We are the champions.
It took a lot of struggle and plight,
But it was worth the fight.
A new dawn has come,
From dust, a new King sprouts,
Now Chipolopolo they shout!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chipolopolo by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath