Chloe, i hang onto the past
Like a chandelier in a darkened room
But your hope is in the future
As light emerges from the gloom.
My sunset will be your dawn
Your happiness will be reborn.
It's snowy, but Chloe, ice will melt away.
Life, the price we have to pay
For the sun will light the bay
When silent fears sail away.
Chloe, we hang our hopes on a crescent moon
The aching in our hearts not just a pleasant tune
Scarred but starred like tender night
We feel the dark but wait for the light.
Our words still survive on a nomadic wind
Our thoughts free and open, with reality twinned.
Be proud, that life's shroud you have cast away
To feel out loud, while others torn, do fray-
Keeping it all inside on this roller- coaster ride
-They had so neatly planned, when love went hand in hand
As passion's fire was fanned.
Then Cupid turned out their light.
We still have the blue crazed night.
Chloe, continue to fly your kite
While the smug are convinced they are right.
Yes, the heart must rule the head
No skeleton ever bled
No feeling, no life, just dead.
Chloe we hang our hopes on a crescent moon.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chloe by Kevin East )
- Going Home, Kyle Schlicher
- The Abolition of Reality [Georges Seurat], Adriano Spatola
- Majakovskiiiiiiij, Adriano Spatola
- Who We Are According To Society, Lisa Michelle Anderson
- நாக்கு கண்ணாடியால் செய்யப்பட்டிருந்தால்..?, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- लाजि गैया: थाम्फैया, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Jokes of Khushwant Singh, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Misery, gajanan mishra
- Laila and Majnoo, Aftab Alam
- The Village Boy I Love, Maureen Alikor
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A New Friend, Dejan Stojanovic
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)