Choices and Chaos
Like a flash of light,
Runs out an untamed horse.
Months, Hours, minutes and seconds;
Once passed, the mighty horse
Hasn't yet returned back to forth.
Only vestiges is those treasured moments,
Snapshots of the departed horse.
Some give heaps of happiness and fun
Quite a few unravel with regret and pain.
At times hook up onto a state,
You seldom realise how to go
Even the docile ones
Find to be caught in a cobweb
When put to make a choice.
Some part of the routine life,
Yet a few decide the course of life,
A reply, an answer to someone patient
Though unintended, might stab at times deep.
Effortless tongues utter 'just make it',
After all it's just a choice.
When the multitudes of confusion
Pull back for another thought,
You fail out to satiate.
Amidst the confounding thoughts,
Hesitate for a verdict to make.
Whether to decide or to refrain? ?
When the interlude proves dearth,
Not because you want to fetter;
Nevertheless you are forced to quit.
Suggestions prove no use,
Words of wisdom worth mere waffles
When the defiant mind decide to roll on
With the whims and fancies of a childish mind.
Lust and anger take on to the dice,
It's when the blunders are committed! !
Only to realise the ultimate truth,
None could be crazy than me.
Anamika Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choices and Chaos by Anamika Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey