Choices and Chaos
Like a flash of light,
Runs out an untamed horse.
Months, Hours, minutes and seconds;
Once passed, the mighty horse
Hasn't yet returned back to forth.
Only vestiges is those treasured moments,
Snapshots of the departed horse.
Some give heaps of happiness and fun
Quite a few unravel with regret and pain.
At times hook up onto a state,
You seldom realise how to go
Even the docile ones
Find to be caught in a cobweb
When put to make a choice.
Some part of the routine life,
Yet a few decide the course of life,
A reply, an answer to someone patient
Though unintended, might stab at times deep.
Effortless tongues utter 'just make it',
After all it's just a choice.
When the multitudes of confusion
Pull back for another thought,
You fail out to satiate.
Amidst the confounding thoughts,
Hesitate for a verdict to make.
Whether to decide or to refrain? ?
When the interlude proves dearth,
Not because you want to fetter;
Nevertheless you are forced to quit.
Suggestions prove no use,
Words of wisdom worth mere waffles
When the defiant mind decide to roll on
With the whims and fancies of a childish mind.
Lust and anger take on to the dice,
It's when the blunders are committed! !
Only to realise the ultimate truth,
None could be crazy than me.
Anamika Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choices and Chaos by Anamika Jayakumar )
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen