Lawrence S. Pertillar
Choose Another Path To Take
Too much energy continues to be wasted,
By those who lock horns in heated debates.
Often it is the repetition that feeds a need,
For people finding themselves in these positions.
To accomplish a getting of attention someone seeks.
And for another who is baited to spend minutes of lost time,
Nothing is determined to have been resolved...
Even when one's mind is prepared to be numbed with pain killers.
'If you know you're going to waste energy repeatedly,
Why put yourself through the same routine? '
~I can't escape from it, it's all over the place.~
Or choose another path to take.
Unless you fear not getting a fix,
Of an apparent addiction needed on a daily basis.'
~You don't understand.~
I am not committed to being abused.
And I am not wanting that for myself either.
I've given up volunteering for headaches to get,
As a donated appreciation for the time I give.
And 'that' thought never leaves me to be clearly understood.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choose Another Path To Take by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Schooldays, michael walker
- There's no prescription to your doom, Mark Heathcote
- समनि नायथाय- 03, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stretched To Depths, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mutilated Is A Liberation, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Days Until Hell., Always Dream
- βέƦẙḽ Dṏṽ's Jumpstarting Creativity: Les.., Beryl Dov
- समनि नायथाय- 02, Ronjoy Brahma
- HUSTLING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Blah de blah, Christian Lacdael