Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Choose Another Path To Take
Too much energy continues to be wasted,
By those who lock horns in heated debates.
Often it is the repetition that feeds a need,
For people finding themselves in these positions.
To accomplish a getting of attention someone seeks.
And for another who is baited to spend minutes of lost time,
Nothing is determined to have been resolved...
Even when one's mind is prepared to be numbed with pain killers.
'If you know you're going to waste energy repeatedly,
Why put yourself through the same routine? '
~I can't escape from it, it's all over the place.~
Or choose another path to take.
Unless you fear not getting a fix,
Of an apparent addiction needed on a daily basis.'
~You don't understand.~
I am not committed to being abused.
And I am not wanting that for myself either.
I've given up volunteering for headaches to get,
As a donated appreciation for the time I give.
And 'that' thought never leaves me to be clearly understood.'
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.