A friend posted a link on Facebook the other day, and just where did that link go?
To a web site that asked the question, ‘Can you be happy 100 days in a row? ”
It challenged us in this fast paced world to join the happiness craze.
And post a picture showing something that makes us happy for the next 100 days.
They urged the people to visit their site and this happiness thing...to get behind it
They believe if you start to look for happiness then you are going to find it.
It seems they know what they’re talking about for all the people they interviewed
Said looking for happiness every day puts them in a better mood.
They are more optimistic, more complimentary, and they feel better by far
As they find more happiness every day...they realize how lucky they are.
The one disturbing fact of this study which has found it’s way into this rhyme
Is that 71% of the people challenged said, ‘no thank you I don’t have the time.’
They don’t have the time to find happiness? “Don’t have the time, ” they say!
It makes you wonder, doesn’t it, just what are they doing all day?
Everyone has time for happiness to think differently is a mistake
For happiness as the happy ones know is a choice that we can make.
That doesn’t mean that choosing happiness is as easy as it sounds
For even in the mists of sorrow...happiness can be found.
If you wake us this morning and say to yourself I choose happiness today
I have no doubt you will find some or it will find you along the way.
Soon it begins showing up wherever you may go
Then before you know it you’ve surpassed 100 days in a row.
Till one day you’ll realize it doesn’t matter where you go or where you’ve been
You don’t have to go looking for happiness...happiness comes from within.
Jim Yerman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choose Happiness by Jim Yerman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Crying Shame, Anthony Daniels
- Crystal Consciousness, Margaret Alice Second
- Invest the present, gajanan mishra
- Free Gaff! !, Damian Murphy
- Blizzards are not snows, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- w0rk ya mAjiK - (Selah (take a moment to.., sEaN nOrTh
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey