We choose our own teachers,
Just as we choose how to live.
We choose when to have faith,
Just as we choose what to see.
It’s just our personal choices that define us,
Including choices we chose not to make.
It may be our subconscious or conscious thoughts,
But it’s the same twenty four hours in this day.
The smallest of choices could change your life
And a choice we chose not to choose
Could have no effect at all.
But if we chose to succeed,
The chance of failure would shorten,
But would anything really change
If we chose nothing at all?
You see I could have chosen not to,
Write these words for you to read.
Just as you could have chosen
Not to use your brain and think,
About the underlying text,
Is it speaking the truth?
This is not my question to answer,
It’s target is not you.
But still you choose to answer,
For you have read so you must speak.
I have no need for any opinion,
I just wrote this for me to read.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Choose life by AaI Harvey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas
- Imprimatura, mary douglas
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon