Recently I was asked
what I would like for Christmas,
afterall, it isn’t too far away.
Well, I rattled off a nice little list
of things I wouldn’t mind having.
after thinking about it,
I mean - really thinking about it,
there is something I could come up with.
I want it to feel like Christmas.
It just doesn’t for some reason.
I hope it’s not just me.
Is anyone else looking for that Christmas feel or spirit?
I just don’t feel it.
Remember when, as a kid, you waited impatiently for weeks?
Maybe the weather has something to do with it.
How can it feel like Christmas
when it’s either rainy or near 60 out?
I want snow.
I want it now.
I want it to put me in the mood.
I can’t stand not being in the mood.
I can remember Christmases from my childhood,
nothing can compare to them.
Nowadays, Christmas is more like just another day.
Please, someone, please,
make it feel like Christmas again.
I should already be in the Christmas mood,
but it’s just not there,
and I don’t see it anywhere nearby.
Where’s my Christmas spirit?
I need it back, and fast.
Christmas day is near
and I just feel blah about it,
and that’s no way to be.
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas? by bob barci )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- There Is No Good In Goodbye, Casarah Nance
- the old tatered guilt, Clara Keiper
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI