Christmas Is For The Wealthy
You've heard it said often by others before
That Christmas is for the wealthy that and nothing more
No parties for those who are in dire poverty
Their Christmas Day dinner perhaps bread and tea.
With Christmas is only for the wealthy many would not agree
But that's their opinion and that's fine with me
They say we are God's children and Jesus God's son
On a cross on Calvary died for everyone
But if hundreds of thousands of people every year of hunger do die
That God loves everyone must be based on a lie
And it does seem a very sad thing for to say
That thousands die of hunger on Christmas Day.
Despite what the religious people may say
Christmas is for the wealthy I see it that way
In the top restaurants they socialize and dine
And the best of food wash down with expensive wine.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Is For The Wealthy by Francis Duggan )
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler