My name's not Cinderella,
I don't need to be saved.
I don't have a wicked step mom,
My father's not away.
I don't sleep in the attic
I don't clean the fire place.
My name's not Cinderella
Now get out of my face!
I don't cook all the dinners
the breakfast, or the lunch
if I get in a fight, it's safe to assume
that I threw the first punch.
I'm not your Cinderella.
I don't need to be set free.
But if i did, I hope you'd play
The prince who rescued me! ♥
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cinderella by LeighAnne Adams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(1330 - 1390)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- If Minds Were As Brooks, Richard Blay
- She Loves Me, Omar Eldamsheety
- Face in the window, Israh Sadan
- Who the killer?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nested above the lavenders, maryline vautravers
- A Semester Night, Muhammad Sarim Ashrafi
- Lonely all the time, Kelly Shanks
- A New Year Prayer of Blessings, Paul Sebastian
- Haiku 10 (A Flower Stands), Paul Sebastian
- Life Goes Clockwise, But..., Richard Blay