Cleaning Up His Mess
His deep voice beckoned my back to my room
To complete a task I had done before.
But now I was to clean up his mess
As if wiping up his spilled milk.
The warm air filled of musk
I was directed to the fold.
The creamy liquid coating folds I knew well
His large hand, palming my head like a basketball,
Pushed me in to clean his mess.
The briny taste filling my mouth and scortching my throat.
I worked until he was satisfied.
But my labors gave her none of the old pleasure
And the walled echoed with their mocking laugh.
Derrick Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cleaning Up His Mess by Derrick Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown
- Marvin Gaye, Angela Khristin Brown