Climate Change All Around Us
On the dry creek bed stands a dead willow tree
The affects of climate change is a sad thing to see
Without sufficent moisture trees eventually die
Those who deny climate change do believe in a lie.
Climate change all around us the creeks are bone dry
And less rain now fall from the clouds of the sky
And thirsty el nino still lurking around
To suck every dropp of moisture from the ground.
The experts on climate the future do fear
And of global warming we read of and hear
The signs all around us the paddocks are bare
And scarce enough of grass for to sustain a hare.
The creeks are bone dry and bone dry every drain
And to replenish the reservoirs and waterways we'd need six months of rain
And thirsty el nino not gone back to sea
He sucks up the moisture that gives life to the tree.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Climate Change All Around Us by Francis Duggan )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)