Not staying the night,
When she turns out her light.
And I make for the train.
Never the same again.
Hugs and pecks
And smiles from afar.
No more sex
Just a drink in the bar.
Birthday cards late.
While memories still wait
At the gate.
No holding hands.
Not making plans.
No movies sat in the back row.
Not waking at dawn
In the afterglow.
Me caring, she not.
Is all I've got.
Not looking up
At stars in the park.
Or dancing close
To Sinatra in the dark.
She has no fire
But I caught a spark
That won't go out.
When I want to shout
'I love you darling'.
The song of a broken winged starling.
What was precious
Now is not.
I cry a lot
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Close Friends by Kevin East )
- Scriptures, gajanan mishra
- Mazdoor Bachey, Bano Ali
- She Says, Joseph Narusiewicz
- In the Company of my Muse, Valsa George
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)