Annalee Hopkins Somerville
Lit the Sage,
Watched the smoke go by,
Grounded and Centered,
Looked up at the sky.
Chanted a prayer,
Resisted the fight,
Re-opened my eyes,
Clouds took flight.
I see Eagle,
I see Bear,
I see Horse,
Way over there.
I see Snake,
Raven – bees,
All have come,
To help set me free.
As they move closer,
I see a battle of wills,
One was of good,
The other anger filled.
I rubbed my eyes,
Blinked to see,
If what was seen,
Was only me.
The clouds told a story,
Of trauma and shock,
A journey not traveled,
Of a path not walked.
To search the soul,
Battle the Bear within,
Allow Spirit to emerge,
Let the peace finally win.
Stepping from the crossroads,
No time to turn around,
Wind songs fill my ears,
Finally fills my soul with sound.
© 2011 Wind Songs Spiritual Poetry
Annalee Hopkins Somerville's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cloud Watching by Annalee Hopkins Somerville )
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
- "Vae victis! ", Lento Maez
- the death of a little girl, Lizzy Hartwig
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
- My Master, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns