night of the holy,
open arms outstretched,
wrapping all that hurts
and burns in cooling blackness.
night of the candle lit,
of the curtains blown,
of the silent whispers.
night of the glass upturned,
of the laughter of comrades,
of the talking of the eyes.
night of the bodies wrapped,
the tongues electric,
the hardness and the wetness.
night of quiet reflection,
of soulful introspection,
of prayer beyond words.
night of sleep eternal,
of the wind that leaves the body,
and searches the depths of emptiness.
let us walk!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come, Night... by Eric Cockrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Beauty Unseen, Khairul Ahsan
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan