Come Talk With Me
Come talk with me of many a thing,
Of autumn hues, and the buds of spring,
Of cloudy skies and the sunshine's beams,
The sharp reality, and the gentle dreams.
Come talk with me of joyful times,
Of fun and laughter and pantomimes,
Of life's sweet pleasures, delights and thrills,
But not of sadness or our earthly ills.
Come talk with me of love and bliss,
Of how we felt on our first kiss,
Of when we two became as one,
And our life together became fine-spun.
Come talk with me of everything,
Of bees and birds upon the wing,
Of nature's rare beauty all around,
Things that can so, the mind, astound.
Come talk with me, converse a while,
Of precious thoughts that raise a smile,
Of remembering something that is really true,
That you're here for me and I'm here for you.
Ernestine Northover's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come Talk With Me by Ernestine Northover )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Withpout A White European Wife, One Cann.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- For Instance, Everything May Be Divisibl.., G.C. Waldrep
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher
- A Bird Is A Desperate, G.C. Waldrep
- Area Of Dog, G.C. Waldrep
- Sonnet: Has the End Come?, Dr John Celes
- Time Is The Distance, Kyle Schlicher
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep
- What Begins Bitterly Becomes Another Lov.., G.C. Waldrep