Come To God
To The Father you can come, through the access of The Son,
By the way of Calvary’s cross, God’s way provided for the lost.
Christ began by God’s Grace, dying on the cross in our place,
The entire penalty for man’s sin, at Calvary was placed on Him.
Jesus ended a separation friend, between God and mortal men,
That long divine separation, was bridged by a cross of salvation.
A bridge that’s open to every man, in every nation of every land,
An access provided to God above, by the Son and Father’s Love.
God leaves it to us to do our part; to accept with a believing heart,
God’s atoning sacrifice on Calvary, for sinful men like you and me.
As we come with a weary heart, we receive from God a new start,
We begin with God a life anew, in Christ who died for me and you.
For when in Christ we do believe, The Holy Spirit we then receive,
Where in our hearts He will reside, helping men, to in Christ abide.
The Spirit knowing all our needs, goes to The Lord and intercedes,
So in this life we need not fear, for in the Spirit God is always near.
We come to God as mortal men, from a world that is condemned,
And we face certain death friend, when this earthly life does end,
But God gives to us Eternal Life, through our Savior Jesus Christ.
So come to God and you will see, with new life forever in Eternity.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come To God by Bob Gotti )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
- Jennifer Gordon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Black Riders Came From the Sea, Stephen Crane
Poem of the Day
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan