Come To God
To The Father you can come, through the access of The Son,
By the way of Calvary’s cross, God’s way provided for the lost.
Christ began by God’s Grace, dying on the cross in our place,
The entire penalty for man’s sin, at Calvary was placed on Him.
Jesus ended a separation friend, between God and mortal men,
That long divine separation, was bridged by a cross of salvation.
A bridge that’s open to every man, in every nation of every land,
An access provided to God above, by the Son and Father’s Love.
God leaves it to us to do our part; to accept with a believing heart,
God’s atoning sacrifice on Calvary, for sinful men like you and me.
As we come with a weary heart, we receive from God a new start,
We begin with God a life anew, in Christ who died for me and you.
For when in Christ we do believe, The Holy Spirit we then receive,
Where in our hearts He will reside, helping men, to in Christ abide.
The Spirit knowing all our needs, goes to The Lord and intercedes,
So in this life we need not fear, for in the Spirit God is always near.
We come to God as mortal men, from a world that is condemned,
And we face certain death friend, when this earthly life does end,
But God gives to us Eternal Life, through our Savior Jesus Christ.
So come to God and you will see, with new life forever in Eternity.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come To God by Bob Gotti )
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)