Computers are at the cutting edge of the information age,
although books have a much longer history and they are still
more important than computers for in-depth reading.
A screen attracts, but black print on a white page engages.
The internet is useful to access facts and figures.
The internet can be mined for knowledge in any fields.
I listen to a few attractive pop singers on YouTube.
I listen to quite a few poets read their verses on YouTube.
I think the desktop is easiest to use and here to stay.
Despite the laptop and the tablet, the desktop will not date.
I use an older mobile rather than the latest touch screen model.
I play music on DVDs and CDs too, rather than an iPod.
Except for the car stereo, I use communication technology when still.
When I go for a long walk or run, I like to be alone at the tiller.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Communication Technology by michael walker )
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)